Night Sky - Donna Gray

Hi everyone,

It's Donna here today and I thought I'd make a larger version of the sample tag I created for the launch of my very own Whimsical Summer stamp set but this time I've used an MDF door hanger instead.


Just take a look at all that yummy sparkle!!


I coated the door hanger with a layer of black Gesso, it's very important that you use black as the sprays' I was going to use on it will not show up on a light background.


Like my home made spray booth? It's just a recycled cardboard box thats been cut to shape does the trick AND saves you coating everything around you when you go mad with the sprays!!


This is what it looks like after the sprays have gone on and been dried. The sparkle and shine are unbelievable using the Sparklers Sprays. I used a mixture of the blue, green, purple and a touch of gold for a sort of Northern Lights effect.


Next step is to stamp the images from the Whimsical Summer set in black Archival ink on to some Strathmore mixed media paper. I used my beloved Zig clean colour pens for the colouring but any markers or indeed paints will do. Fussy cut them out and then cut a silhouette using a Cityscape die with patterned paper.


You adhere everything to the door hanger with a clear glue adding a sentiment and some stickles for a finishing touch.
Here it is hanging on the door in all it's sparkly glory, absolutely perfect for a child's room.....or even a grown up!!


Hope you like it
Donna x

Comments

Dara Lynn said…
Super cute !!!!
Nikki Acton said…
Great design Donna... The starklers on the gesso are a wonderful,backdrop for your scene. The whimsical arrangement and the cute little bird really pops! X
So cute! What a lovely hanger Donna! Great!!!
Oh Yes! This is fabulous - love your little bird and those Sparklers look great……..so that's more for my list!!! Chrisx
Sue said…
Really lovely Donna, and what a fab sparkly background xx
What a delightful door hanger by Donna - the night sky is amazing in the background, and that quirky bird looks great perched in his tree.
Alison x

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!