Magpie Treasure - Dot



Hi everyone,
I've been so keen to play with this gorgeous Merry Magpie stamp set by Melina Dahl.  There are so many interesting little bits in this set to play with.






I've put together a step by step guide for you if you would like to give it a go...


Stamp the magpie in the center of your card.  I've used slightly larger card than I need so that I can trim it down later.  I've also used Stazon ink for the stamping.





Add some masking fluid to the magpie and jewel so that they stay white after the ink is added.





Swipe some distress ink onto a large acrylic block.  I've used broken china, peacock feathers and salty ocean.  Spritz with a little water till it beads up and then press this over the stamped images.  I then cleaned the block and added a little chipped sapphire ink to the edges of the block, spritzed it again and re-stamped over the first layer of colour.





Swipe some peacock feathers distress ink over a stencil. I've used Dinky stencil from That's Crafty called 'Bubbles'. Spritz with a little water and press onto the inked area of your card, blotting with some paper towel as you do.





This is what it looks like after you have added the ink.





I want to add some stamping behind the coloured area, so I've masked off the area shown.





For the leaves in the background I've used iced spruce distress oxides - it just stamps so beautifully.





Stamp the words.





I've added some random stamping from Old Book Page, some extra stars from Merry Magpie, a bird from A Little Birdie and some doodling.  To finish, rub away the masking fluid, cut the card down to the size you are happy with and mat onto some card!

You still have time to enter the Embossing challenge that is on at the moment - and remember there are prizes up for grabs.

Thanks for looking - Dot x



Comments

Brilliant card! I love it! The tutorial is awesome, TFS Hugs
Sue said…
Gorgeous card Dot, and I loved your tutorial, thanks so much xx
Beautiful card, Dot, love the colors and layers!!
I really love this card Dot, such fantastic colours you've used
Hugs
Donna xx
Ink Art Designs said…
Thanks so much Sue. It was a fun one to make x
Ink Art Designs said…
One layer cards are my favourite thing! Thanks Shilpa x
Ink Art Designs said…
Thank you Donna - I love blues x
Dotty Jo said…
Wow! Great card, Dot - love the mix of images and colours, Jo x

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!