Birthday Wishes from the Stars

Hello.  Gail from the design team here today with some more inspiration for the Rubber Dance colour challenge.  



I've used Bohemian Woman for my main image, Milky Way for the background and the sentiment is from Happy Birthday



I made a resist background by stamping the image from Milky Way with Versamark ink and embossing with white powder.  Then I gave it a watercolour wash with Worn Lipstick distress ink.  Any ink wipes off the embossing to give this pretty contrast.   



I stamped and embossed Bohemian Woman with black embossing powder.  I coloured her with distress inks, sharpies and a gold pilot pen.  I cut round the image and added a red mat.  The sentiment was black embossed on red card and I used a red card base.  


Thanks for dropping by.  Hope you have time to join the Rubber Dance challenge and make a little something with these fun hot colours.  Hugz


All these stamps and many more are available in the

Comments

Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you so much, Gail! Love your resist background!! It has been a while since I've seen anyone use the Bohemian Woman, so it's nice that she gets a come-back. Love your card, and I bet the lucky birthday girl who receives it will, too! ♥ ♥ ♥
Susanne Rose said…
Gorgeous card Gail!!! I really like the colouring and the background looks fantastic! Hugs!
Stunning!! I love the coloring and such a cool embossed background.
Hugs
preeti
aussie aNNie said…
Beautiful Gail, love this heaps. Hope to get a card made for the challenge, been unwell so keep fingers crossed.xx
Dotty Jo said…
This is great, Gail! I love the Bohemian Woman image and that background is fab, Jo x
Sue said…
Really lovely Gail, so striking! xx
Sharon Foulk said…
Your card is awesome! The image, techniques and colors all come together in a stunning birthday card!
brenda said…
A really lovely image and perfect embossing for our Allsorts theme, many thanks for joining in.

B x
What a fun and playful card. Thank you for joining us at KaBoks this month.
susiestacey said…
Great card.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Embossing' challenge this week and good luck x Susan x
Gitte said…
Awesome card :) Thank you for joining the Kaboks challenge. DT Gitte

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button