A handy thing!

Hello everyone, Debs with you today to share a card I made. Well! We all need to keep our card stash full don't we, you just never know when you might need one. This is a quick card to make, so why not make a few. Here's how I did it.

 


Here's what you need.

Rubber Dance - Butterfly Trio
Paper Artsy - Fresco Acrylic Paint
Ranger - Distress Oxide, Distress Crayons, Black Archival Ink, large Chitchat stickers.
Stabilo All Black 
Signo White Gell Pen

Step 1-using 3 colours of acrylic paint roughly add to a 4x6 plain white card. You can cover the card, but I like to leave some white. You will lose most of it anyway but it will give interest and depth to your card. 




Step 2-  using the oxides with a blending tool I added some colour in several patches. I dried the ink, then gently spritzed the card with water, dried it and repeat. Do this as many times you like, but be careful not to soak your card too much. 


 

Step 3 - add some contrasting colours with the Distress Crayons, blending here and there. I love how the crayons smooch around and still let colours from the beneath layer show through. Choose your transparent colours carefully as if you mix your primary's together in any combination, you will make brown. 



Step 4- I love to add some script, or numbers to background as on this card, any kind of repetition stamping will work. I actually made a mistake on this card but instead of changing or correcting it, I decided to go with it. Therefore I stamped the numbers upside down as well as the right way up. I liked how it came out so kept it.




Step 5 - my feature is the lovely Trio of Butterflies which you can see above. I stamped straight onto the card, heat set it and coloured with Distress Crayons. I added little water soluble black pencil around the edge to help it pop out from the background. I added the sentiment, and that was all there was to it. I hope you enjoyed reading the post! 

Take care
Hugs xxx
 

Comments

Love your background Debs the acrylic gives a solid base for those distress Oxides when activated. Super sludgy effect with those Butterflies looking really at home. Thank you for sharing.. Hugs Tracey xx
Beautiful :) love the background and those butterflies are stunning!
Hugs
preeti
Rubber Dance said…
Debs, your card is so beautiful. I really like the complementary colours you've used. Thank you for sharing!!! Hugs!
Sue said…
This is beautiful Debs, the butterflies look amazing against the oxides xx
Bibi Lindahl said…
Absolutely gorgeous!! Thank you so much, Debs! ♥ ♥ ♥
ionabunny said…
Love that grungy background and the beautiful colour of the butterflies. Such a pretty everyday card. Hugz

Popular posts from this blog

February Theme Challenge - Layers

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

Poodles of Snow, Cute as a Button