Stars are for Wishing

 

Hello crafty friends. It's Sam here with my final guest designer make. I've had great fun and thank you so much for all the wonderful comments and to Bibi for making me feel so welcome here :)

I've had so much fun using the {Affirmations} stamp set again but this time I used a deep edged canvas and my inspiration was the stamps and a song, a Disney song which I'm sure you all know. It's quite difficult to do this write up because I made this a couple of weeks ago and as soon as my daughter saw this she claimed it as her own and took it away lol.

Like my previous makes I began with a coat of black gesso and then where colour paints were going to go I painted white gesso, this keeps the colours nice and bright. I used one of my favourite colour combinations and used Martha Stewart paints: Raspberry Ice and Blue Sky and Claudine Hellmuth: Purple Palette. I used a Dylusions star stencil for the star details, some Stickles for glitter and some sequin stars. The big star is a Tim Holtz Idea-ology mirrored star.


Don't forget that with this stamp set you are not limited to the words that are there, you can use letters from other words of the set to make new words.
The black stamping was done on tissue paper and glued in place using PVA glue, I did this because I find a canvas surface isn't smooth enough for crisp image, which is what I wanted on this occasion.
The main white letters were stamped on white card and after being glued in place were given a coat of glossy accents. 


Deep edged/box canvasses are great because they give you the opportunity to carry your design around and over the sides and top. So I added some more of the song lyrics using a black Posca pen.

I do hope you like it!
Wishing you a lovely day, Sam xxx

------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the stamp set I have used.
Actual size is 13 x 18 cm, so it's much bigger than you think!
You can find it here: Affirmations



Comments

Bibi Lindahl said…
Thank you, Sam! I love your canvas and the bright colours. No wonder your daughter took it ;-) "When you wish upon a star" is one of my fave songs ... I have the lyrics hanging on my fridge door. So cool that you used the letters to spell "when". I guess the n is an h with the tail cut off, or perhaps half an m - either way, great idea!

Thank you so much for being willing to share your work as a Guest Designer. I hope we'll see you here again some day! ♥ ♥ ♥
Majo said…
A beautiful job ♥
Craftyfield said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Craftyfield said…
Lovely inspirational canvas, I love the bright colours.
Sue said…
Cheeky daughter! This is a fabulous make, Sam! One of my all-time favorite songs from an all-time favorite movie. Love the colors you chose. I see why your daughter "stole" it!!
Mrs Beez said…
Your posts have been inspirational and thank you for introducing me to these wonderful stamps :) x
Cocofolies said…
A beautiful and very inspirational canvas Sam, you end up your Guest DT job in Beauty!! :) Lovely text stamps moreover, perfect on this little canvas. You have made a great use of them! I will go further to discover better the Rubber Dance stamps in the future.... I don't have any of them yet xxx

I
Cocofolies said…
A beautiful and very inspirational canvas Sam, you end up your Guest DT job in Beauty!! :) Lovely text stamps moreover, perfect on this little canvas. You have made a great use of them! I will go further to discover better the Rubber Dance stamps in the future.... I don't have any of them yet xxx

I
Corrie Herriman said…
I have enjoyed your projects for Rubber Dance, Sam !
Corrie x
Sue said…
This is fab Sam, love how you work on a black base xx
A Pink said…
Absolutely fantastic! Sam Huge love here for this - such striking colours and inspiring use of the stamp set .
Amanda xx

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness is a state of mind - Art Journal Page

Create with your own imagination... (by Corinne, GDT this month)

IMPORTANT message from Bibi

Join our Combined Blog Hop!